As you already know, water is a chemical substance that constitutes the earth’s hydrosphere. Chemically, it comes from the reaction of hydrogen gas (H2) and gaseous Oxygen. But what exactly will happen if you end up enriching your normal drinking water with gaseous molecular hydrogen? Here’s where the formation of “hydrogen water” comes into the scene.
Like normal drinking water, hydrogen-rich water also has its benefits for the body system. As you read further, you’ll better understand what hydrogenated water is, how it works, and where to shop for the best product.
Here’s what you need to know about hydrogenated water
What is hydrogen-infused water?
As earlier mentioned, hydrogen-rich water comes from the combination of two different substances; hydrogen gas and normal drinking water. Interestingly, these two substances have their benefits. We’re sure you know the importance of the regular drinking water out there. But do you know how beneficial gaseous molecular hydrogen is?
One cannot overemphasize enough the benefits of hydrogen for humans. This substance, according to experts, can:
- Hydrogen can always inhibit and suppress the hydroxyl radical (OH), which is present in body cells. If not suppressed, OH can attack the cell membrane, bringing about a series of issues. For instance, it could destroy the sugar groups as well as the DNA base sequences. The attack could even lead to cell mutations.
- It can help you eliminate other toxins and wastes from your body.
- Molecular hydrogen can also assist in inhibiting the NO2 formation in the body. Interestingly, this will also indirectly help you suppress the peroxynitrite (or ONOO-) formation.
- Hydrogen is effective for keeping the cells and body hydrated.
- It helps to keep the immune system alert and active.
Now that you know some of the many benefits of hydrogen, let’s talk about the characteristics of hydrogen–infused water.
Characteristics of hydrogen water
Japan, China, and South Korea are three countries that have been using this type of water for a while now. Experts reveal that the use of hydrogen-rich water in Japan dates as far back as the 1960s. However, the water only reached the US market in 2016 or thereabout.
Hydrogen-rich water packs tons of features, which you need to know about. You can check down to see its basic characteristics below:
- First, hydrogen-rich water has an oxidation-reduction potential (ORP) that varies from 150mV to 600 mV. The values vary depending on a couple of factors, including the quality of water used, saturation process, and the type of water.
- Hydrogen-infused water has a similar pH as saturated water. You can get the value through the direct saturation method and electrolysis technology method. By using the latter approach, the pH value you’ll get for hydrogen-rich water will be slightly alkaline.
Where to find quality hydrogen water?
Even though hydrogen-rich water comes with tons of benefits for the body, it’s still unfortunate that only a small percentage of the entire human population uses it. One reason for this is that only a few firms, such as ionBottles, have all it takes to deliver quality products. IonBottles Portable Hydrogen Water Bottle comes with high-quality features and materials.
Also Read Interesting Articles: F95zone.